[BLACKBOX] Listbox-Bug when sorted

From: Bernhardt, Gunnar <"Bernhardt,>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 18:37:56 +0100

Folks,

I encountered a bug which took me quite a while to pin down. Unfortunately too long to muster the patience to look for the cause. Has any of you encountered the following behavior yet?

You can lock up Blackbox (in an infinite loop?) with list boxes, if the “sorted” flag is enabled. After you have delete the last item (with the maximum index), everything looks good, until you select the list box again.

The source for the list content does not seem to matter. I encountered this little annoyance writing an interface to an SQL data base. The attached sources reproduce it with a list for BB 1.5 and BB1.6RC5.

Any idea how to correct this?

Greetings

Gunnar

PS: Working around the problem lead to further difficulties. The sorting is now done by the data base. Unfortunately sorting a field of type BIT is sensible to the internal representation: MS-Access sorts (ascending) TRUE before FALSE, since TRUE ist store as -1. The reverse is true for an SQLite data based (accessed by the SqliteOdbc driver). Aaaaaargh!