[BLACKBOX] limiting integer values in interactor field

From: Bernhardt, Gunnar <"Bernhardt,>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 18:52:44 +0100

Hello all,

there is an problem which came up recently: I wrote a little character sheet checker for a role playing game. The basic attributes are integer values, some of them between 3 and 18 (3W6 in short).

What I did: I had the Notifier procedure for this field check, if the entered value is in the valid interval and setting it to the upper respectively lower boundary value. Safe.

The problem: If you want to enter a value > 10, you first have to type the letter <1>. Right now the notifier kicks in and changes it to 6 which is obviously undesired.

Is there an elegant way to check the content of a field AFTER the input has been completed?

I mean another way than putting a button there and having the user clock on it after each number he has entered. I could not for instance find an event like “onLeave” (moving the focus).

regards

gunnar