Re: [BLACKBOX] user input (was limiting integer values in interactor field)

From: [at]} <Bob>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 20:35:55 -0000

Apologies for top-posting the reply, but the html format of the original post means I can't post the reply below without the blue vertical line appearing, and if I convert it to plain text then I have to edit in suitable reply markers (>) at the beginning of each line by hand.

> From a "human information processing" view, everyone has to do the same thing.

I disagree with this. Although it is certainly true that a lot of professional programmers simply code the first thing that comes into their heads and runs, it is not true of all, and in many cases leads to further trouble down the line. Kludge upon kludge upon kludge.

Many programmers do try to understand why the error happened in the first place, and they correct it properly. At least, they did in my day, although we were a minority even then in my experience.

Bob

  _____