Re: [BLACKBOX] Mac?

From: [at]} <Anton>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 19:15:12 +0200

Hi Charles,

actually you can run BB on Mac OS X using Wine. You can use one of 3rd party package managers to install Wine on Mac OS X or you can download some binary versions of Wine. I tried many of them and my choice is MacPorts <http://www.macports.org/> . Download *.dmg for your OS and install. Also you need Xcode Developer Tools freely available from http://developer.apple.com/.

Run from Terminal:

$ sudo port install wine-devel

to install recent version of Wine (it will take some time) and then

$ sudo port install winetricks

to install winetricks. winetricks is very useful for configuring Wine. For example, by defaults fonts in BB under wine in Mac OS X are ugly. To improve run from terminal:

$ winetricks fontsmooth-rgb

To install BB simply cd to the directory with installer and run:

$ wine SetupBlackBox16-rc6.exe

To run BB use (assuming you do not change the installation path at the previous stage):

$ wine ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/BlackBox\ Component\ Builder\ 1.6/BlackBox.exe

That's all about BB on Mac OS X.

Screenshot <http://lh3.ggpht.com/_SKT8VIt09NM/S_LKsoZCECI/AAAAAAAAAw8/ySgVEiuAKYs/s800/Picture%201.png>

Also you can use Oxford Oberon-2 Compiler <http://spivey.oriel.ox.ac.uk/corner/Oxford_Oberon-2_compiler> .

Regards,