Re: [BLACKBOX] Simple ASCII text editor example

From: Stephen R. Troy <"Stephen>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 20:10:10 -0700
----boundary-LibPST-iamunique-1905657454_-_- Content-type: text/plain Yes, Douglas, thanks, obviously that would work. But it requires nearly twice as much memory, which could be a problem for large files. And my point was, I can't see any obvious reason why Blackbox can't read and write back to the same file. My program to do exactly this works fine in Modula-2, and by declaring a scanner and a formatter as separate record variables, they should operate independent of each other, unless there is some interaction that I have not seen explained. Steve Troy -------- Original Message -------- Subject: Re: [BLACKBOX] Simple ASCII text editor example From: "Douglas G. Danforth" Received on Fri Aug 06 2010 - 05:10:10 UTC