Re: [BLACKBOX] Seasons Greetings from Linuxland

From: [at]} <Wojtek>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 22:33:03 -0500

Troy:

   thank you sharing the tip. Off the top of my head I would use
meaningful labels.

Note that the resource compiler is not a part of the language. It is an
add-on tool. I personally use it a lot and I always find it very helpful,
but it has its limits.

If Oberon/CP was used to develop Linux, we would have seen gazzilions of
such add ons. I am also afraid we would have seen operator overloading and
what-not GNU extensions to the language.

Cheers,

W.

On Mon, 27 Dec 2010, Stephen R. Troy wrote:

> I have a program which uses an array, and I defined meaningful labels as constants to help me remember the
> meaning of each array element.  And I placed text fields in a window so I could monitor the contents of the
> array, and exported the constant labels as well as the array.  BUT when I set the link for each text field as
> "array[labelA]", "array[labelB]", etc., nothing showed up in the text fields.  Finally I changed the links to
> "array[0]", "array[1]", etc. and that worked.  The resource compiler part of BlackBox may be a bit rudimentary.
> Steve Troy

----
To unsubscribe, send a message with body "SIGNOFF BLACKBOX" to LISTSERV{([at]})nowhere.xy