Re: [BLACKBOX] BlackBox and Tortoise

From: [at]} <Alexander>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 12:27:56 +0600

Hello!

AT> does anyone use Tortoise with BlackBox? Is it possible to get Tortoise to
AT> use BB to open / diff .odc files?

AT> Thanks for any info.

  Could you at least specify which of the Tortoises you mean?

  The attached script starts BlackBox with the two versions of a file
  open, and then emulates the "F9" key press to get the comparison
  started. Keep pressing F9 to view all the differences.

  The BlackBox diff tool only compares text, it skips any embedded
  views and ignores formatting.

  You may also want to use the attached DevSearch for visually more
  pleasing results. In my version the start of the selection
  (indicating a difference) tends to the start of a line. E.g. if you
  had the following code:

PROCEDURE Three*
BEGIN
END Three;

  ... and the you added procedure Two in front of it:

PROCEDURE Two*
BEGIN
END Two;

PROCEDURE Three*
BEGIN
END Three;

  The standard DevSearch will highlight from > to < as follows:

PROCEDURE T>wo*
BEGIN
END Two;

PROCEDURE T<hree*
BEGIN
END Three;

  I.e. the first text "PROCEDURE T" will be considered "not changed",
  which is technically correct, but does not consider humans with
  their structuring of text with line breaks. My version will
  highlight as follows:

>PROCEDURE Two*
BEGIN
END Two;

<PROCEDURE Three*
BEGIN
END Three;

  Note that the added procedure Two is fully selected, along with the
blank line below it.