Re: [BLACKBOX] BlackBox 1.6 final version - COMPLEX datatypes?

From: [at]} <Georgy>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 22:38:56 +0200

Great find, Chris. If it took Dotzel one week, for someone who does not not have experience with the internals of BlackBox compiler it woud take forever:-)

On Sun, Jul 5, 2009 at 3:04 PM, CFB Software <info{([at]})nowhere.xy

e.g. Guenter Dotzel wrote about his experiences implementing COMPLEX in the
VAX/VMS Modula-2 compiler

http://www.modulaware.com/mdlt06.htm

"It took me a full week to extend the VAX/VMS Modula-2 compiler MVR to fully
support complex including evaluation of constant complex operations and
VMS-debugger support for the new types."

I suggest we use that measure as the *absolute minimum* time needed to
implement something similar in BlackBox ;-)

Regards,
Chris Burrows