Re: [BLACKBOX] Loading a dll

From: [at]} <Bob>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 23:08:52 +0100

  _____

From: BlackBox [mailto:BLACKBOX{([at]})nowhere.xy
Sent: 23 September 2009 23:05
To: BLACKBOX{([at]})nowhere.xy
Subject: [BLACKBOX] Loading a dll

Folks,
Out of frustration I am contacting you.

I have previously generated dlls with BlackBox and been
able to load and call them but for some reason I do not understand
I am getting the error message

"command error: code file for ProjectPronunciation not found"

where ProjectPronunication.dll is what I created.

Using the BB example:

DevLinker.LinkDll Mydll.dll := Mydll# ~

works when Mydll.dll is placed into c:\WINDOWS
or c:\WINDOWS\system32.

It even works when I add the kernel to it

DevLinker.LinkDll Mydll.dll := kernel+ Mydll# ~

which was a possible problem because "Dependency Walker"
indicated two warnings about missing dlls which all of the Microsoft
junk depends on. But that did not stop Mydll.dll from loading
and running.

So now I am up a creek without a paddle. The code for ProjectPronunciation
works just fine when called directly. Its just for some reason that I can not
pin down the code file is not being found. Is that a bogus message or is it real?
Does the loader find the code but can't load it or is it really that it can't find the
file for the dll? I have placed the dll in both c:\WINDOWS and c:\WINDOWS\system32
as well as with in the "BlackBox directory" (that has never worked for me).

Any suggestions are appreciated.

-Doug Danforth