Re: [BLACKBOX] Mobile-device development

From: [at]} <belleza>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 21:46:18 +0000

Thanks!

In fact, our longest standing test project (still in development now)
its using lazarus on ubuntu... yet, i like component pascal more

>From my understanding Net or Java aren't as conceptually similar to
LLVM + HLVM as the original Tendra compiler (languaje and platform
independent intermediate representation with multiple languaje
front-ends and several cpu back-ends) All ready supports several
platforms and a couple of languajes.

LLVM its used like static compiler, but could be used like a jit
compiler... therefore i wonder if could be a good foundation for a
modern version of the slim-binaries of the MacOberon or bring support to
Component Pascal of the latest tricks of the Michael Franz research
(like intercomponent optimization, dead code security verification, etc)

I see LLVM as a framework that extends (trought taging of the
intermediate representation and plug-in architecture) at the diferent
stages of generation... that, lets you reuse state of the art optimizers
and producers just implementing the languaje front-end (or as they call
it HLVM) with some care, inter-languaje linking all compile time if you
like (no runtime vm needed) Interesting stuff, working code...

But i am not an expert so probably i am not seeing all the shortcomings,
or misunderstanding things :-P

Diana

P.S.
Please forgive my english i am in a hurry to proofread it well

  _____

Need to know the score, the latest news, or you need your Hotmail®-get your "fix". Check it out. <http://www.msnmobilefix.com/Default.aspx>