[BLACKBOX] Using Cyrillic characters with BlackBox 1.6-rc5

From: [at]} <Helmut>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 19:47:26 +0200

Dear BlackBox users.

How it is going on? In order to guard against misunderstandings: BlackBox 1.6-rc5 is the best version of BlackBox which is available. Now it supports Unicode inside forms. That is a very big advantage. So I'm wondering: Why the Russian user still works with the old version 1.5?

The reason is: There is a Russian version of BlackBox which is incompatible with the standard one. This version uses 8 bit ASCII code page instead of the 16 bit Unicode for Cyrillic characters.

I figured out the different between BB 1.5 and BB 1.5ru and add those changes to version 1.6-rc5. The result is the patch you found below here. The big difference is: I use the 16 bit Unicode for Cyrillic characters. But there is one drawback: The symbol file doesn't use Unicode. Maybe someone else can solve this problem.

I'm waiting of your feedback.

Regards

Helmut Zinn

P.S.: You can download the patch at http://www.zinnamturm.eu/pac/CpcPatches16.pac