- Component-Pascal Collection & BlackBox 1.6

From: Helmut Zinn <"Helmut>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 11:49:04 +0200

Hello again,

1st: I agree with the changes of OM’s WinApi and deleting Kernel32, User32 and so on.

2nd: I don’t like to re-introduce them via copy from BB 1.5.

3rd: I won’t maintenance two versions of save sets on CPC .

I have running on BB 1.6: Pac, Ctls, Dos, Desktop and CpcMenus. All of them need a few changes except Ctls.

But most changes can not compile with BB 1.5

So my questions to the community:

Are you agreeing that all new save set (after 1st of May) on Component Pascal Collection runs and works with BB 1.6 only?

Should I upload immediately? Or should I wait until the final release is available?

Everybody was waiting for the new version. If I use the new facilities it doesn’t work with 1.5 either. Who is using 1.4, 1.3 or 1.2 (Oberon/F) ?

Anyway, I think very soon nobody will use the old version.

Mark mention that there is no code behind the module WinApi. It just loads the KERNEL32.dll. This DLL have not been changed.

I can copy the WinApi from BB 1.6 to BB 1.5. Then the compilation works with the new save set. Is that wrap around working without problem?

Regards

Helmut