Size limitation in text fields

From: Dr.Lutz König <"Dr.Lutz>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 09:51:08 +0100

Dear BB-Users,

I recently noticed a strange behaviour of CP/Blackbox for which I could
not find
any hint in the documentation:

I linked a variable of type ARRAY 1024 OF CHAR to a text field in a
form. When the length of this array reaches a size of > 512 CHARs a
trap appears. ("index out of range" in HostCFrames.DelLF after
Dialog.Call).

Is there a (undocumented) size limitation of an ARRAY OF CHAR to 512
chars while linking a variable to a text field? Is there a way to extend
this size?
I use BB1.33.
Any ideas or comments?

All the best