Re: command line parameters

From: Self <treutwein.59.Verwaltung.Uni-Muenchen>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 12:42:21 +0200

Hi Amdrew,

> From: "Thomas, Andrew" <andrew.thomas{([at]})nowhere.xy
> To: "'blackbox{([at]})nowhere.xy
> Subject: command line parameters
> Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 11:27:03 +0100

> Hello,
>
> In C it is possible to get the program to read command line parameters. Is
> this possible with BlackBox and component Pascal?
>
> What I want to do is produce a background version of my software that takes
> its input from a file specified on the command line.

although there are system calls to do that (I have to dig
through some old examples), they behave different for
Win9x/WinNT/Win2K/Wine. I have no idea about Mac.

I send as separate mail a digest ofsome discussion about
that topic, I had induced last year.

Some problems arise, since Unicode parameters are
possible. If you don't need to be platform independent,
and if you're working on W2K (I don't remember at the moment
how WinNT, and I don't know how XP behaves, but I also don't
have a chance to test XP), I'll dig through my stuff of last year
and send it.

regards