Re: StdTables

From: [at]} <frei{>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 10:53:12 +0100

Martin,

>I am trying to see how to use StdTables. Clearly one can declare a variable
>of type Table, and deposit it into a document - but of course if the
>document is saved, and then opened in another session, anything typed into
>the table is not there. How can one get around this problem (without having
>to save the data in a separate document or file and using Table.SetItem for
>every data item every time)?

There is actually no possibility to accomplish this task without saving the
table data separately. You've already sketched one out of several ways to do
this.

Remember StdTables implements tables as controls. They serve as very simple
and convenient data entry and representation objects which can be linked
directly to program variables. Unlike general views, controls do not manage
persistent state of their linked data.

Best Regards,
Marc Frei