RE: MIDI Playback

From: Danforth, Douglas <"Danforth,>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 08:30:19 -0500

In
http://www.oberon.ethz.ch/projects.html

Under Projects in progress I find

"Christian Plattner wrote a Steinberg PC-Midi-3 driver and is working on a
MIDI sequencer. "

So perhaps you should contact Christian at ETHZ. I also vaguely remember
that one
of the Oberon systems V4 Linz?, V4 ETH, or S3 had included a MIDI player.
This was
some years ago. Anyone know where the code for that now resides?

-Doug

---
Douglas G. Danforth, Ph.D. - Research Scientist
QuikCAT.com   6700 Beta Drive,  Suite 200,  Mayfield Village,  OH 44143-2335
danforth{([at]})nowhere.xy]-----Original Message-----
]From: Hans Zander [mailto:post{([at]})nowhere.xy]Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2001 6:11 AM
]To: blackbox{([at]})nowhere.xy]Subject: MIDI Playback
]
]
]Hi,
]
]I was thinking about adding MIDI playback functionality to one of my
]programs. I understand that this can be accomplished by either
]calling an
]external application such as the windows media player or by
]using an midi
]playback dll. I'd prefer the latter; unfortunately I don't
]know how I would
]go about doing this and/or where to get an appropriate
]library. Any pointers
]that could help me with either problem would be greatly appreciated.
]
]Thanks,
]
]H. Zander
]--------------------------------------------
]
]To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message
]containing the word "unsubscribe" to:
]   blackbox-request{([at]})nowhere.xy]
]To get a list of valid e-mail commands and instructions on
]their usage, send a message containing the word "help" to the
]above address.
]
]Send any problem reports or questions related to this email
]list to the list owner at
]   owner-blackbox{([at]})nowhere.xy]