Native Oberon System and Cheap PCs

From: Bernhard T. <"Bernhard>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 10:22:04 +0100

In thread "Re: Who is using ..." Peter Muller wrote:

> Perhaps people that have put together cheap "Oberon PCs" could post the
> specifications and their experiences, and we can add them to our hardware
> compatability list.

I put up the basic Native Oberon Alpha (it should work also for the
batas and the stable distribution) on systems which are considered
as corporate trash: HP Vectra VL series 3 (75 and 90 MHz) with
8 MB RAM and 850 MB hard disk. It runs almost out of the box with
the on board graphic card (Cirrus-Logic 543x). These machines are
absolutely sufficient for Native Oberon.

Bernhard

--
if you want to reach me personally use: BdT{([at]})nowhere.xy