Re: Using DLLs generated by BlackBox

From: Treutwein; Bernhard <"Treutwein;>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 17:43:18 +0200

Hi Doug,

although I'm also no expert, I did a quick check
in the lcc-win32 docu (available at
http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~lcc-win32/):

It icludes two utilities, pedump & buildlib, which
according to the docu should do the work:

Afaik, the installation creates the stub libraries
from the windows DLLs, but I don't know if the
format of lcc LIBs is compatible with other compilers.

Below are some exceprts from the docu.

pedump /EXP

 If given an import library, pedump will generate a list of the exported functions in a
 format suitable for the buildlib utility. See FAQ question 12 for further explanation. If
 given a DLL, pedump will print a list of the exported symbols from the DLL, in the same
 format. If given an object file, this option will trigger pedump to print a list of all
 public symbols defined in the object file, in the same format.

The buildlib Utility

 This utility reads an ASCII description of symbols and produces an import library that
 allows you to link your executable with a specific DLL. It has no command line options
 and the input arguments are as follows:

 buildlib <ASCII description> <output library>

 The first argument has to be a text file that contains the list of symbols to be built
 into the library; the second argument is the name of the library.

 Normally, the extension used in lcc-win32 for this textual description is .exp. See the
 directory \lcc\buildlib for numerous examples of these file types.
    Bernhard Treutwein
    Bernhard.Treutwein{([at]})nowhere.xy
    Tel. 049-89-2180-2774 Fax.: 089-2180-9927742