RE: Using DLLs generated by BlackBox

From: Danforth, Douglas <"Danforth,>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 12:00:01 -0400

Greg,

Thanks. I just did the explicit linkage just to make sure
it works. It did.

So what this means is I must create in the header file, released
with the dll, source code that looks something like:

typedef UINT (CALLBACK* LPFNDLLFUNC1)(DWORD,UINT);
static HINSTANCE hLib;
static LPFNDLLFUNC1 f1;
static LPFNDLLFUNC1 f2;
LoadMe()
{
        hLib = LoadLibrary...
        f1 = GetProcAddress...
        f2 = GetProcAddress...
};
and force the user to call LoadMe() before access to any of the
f1.. functons. This is all very ugly so, yes, I do also hope they
will produce the .lib files.

-Doug

---
Douglas G. Danforth, Ph.D. - Research Scientist
QuikCAT.com   6700 Beta Drive,  Suite 200,  Mayfield Village,  OH 44143-2335
danforth{([at]})nowhere.xy]-----Original Message-----
]From: Greg Edwards [mailto:gedwards{([at]})nowhere.xy]Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2001 11:45 AM
]To: Danforth, Douglas; blackbox{([at]})nowhere.xy]Subject: RE: Using DLLs generated by BlackBox
]
]
]Hi Doug,
]
]I wish BB would create .lib files, but they don't, so as of
]right now, you'd
]need to explicitly link (or get creative). Though BB creates DLLs, they
]aren't perfectly useful because of the problem you just
]brought up (which I
]hope they fix, or document better).
]
]-Greg