RE: Oberon-2 & BlackBox 1.4

From: [at]} <weck{>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 19:05:32 +0200

BlackBox Component Builder Release 1.4 is not going to include an Oberon-2
compiler. One reason is that we would not like to encourage people to use Oberon
in BlackBox due to possible type safety problems, because Oberon cannot cover
the more advanced export mechanisms of Component Pascal. Another reason is that
keeping the compiler working is no longer economical for us.

Given it still works, we are considering to make the current version of the
Oberon compiler available on the web as an add-on. This would be to further
prolong the transition period from Oberon to Component Pascal and avoid time
pressure on our customers.

All the best,
        Wolfgang Weck

Dr. Wolfgang Weck
Oberon microsystems Inc.
Technoparkstrasse 1, CH-8005 Zürich
Tel: (+41 1) 445 17 51, Fax: (+41 1) 445 17 52
mailto:weck{([at]})nowhere.xy