BlackBox server application

From: [at]} <peter.fielding{>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 16:01:12 +0100 (BST)

I would like to be able to embed a BlackBox component into a
MathCad worksheet, so that it carries out a calculation using
input parameters defined by the MathCad worksheet, and then returns
the results of its calculation to subsequent stages of the worksheet.
The calculation would be triggered automatically by any change to
the input parameters.

MathCad (I am using version 8) allows VB Script or JScript languages
to be used in order to define an interface to any application which
supports OLE Automation. So I will be able to do what I want if I
can provide an OLE automation interface in the BlackBox component
which allows it to behave as a server to the MathCad client.

I have used the OLE automation tools within BlackBox, to control server
applications (eg. Excel), but so far I have not found out how to control a
BlackBox application as server to an OLE client. Presumably a type library
for the application must be generated and supplied to the client.

Does anyone have a solution for this or a similar requirement ?