RE: Popping up dialogs

From: [at]} <johansson{>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 13:37:48 +0200

Hello Anton,

the commands you mentioned do not report their errors directly to the status
bar. They use the Dialog.ShowMsg command to report errors. During
development a log window is normally open and then Dialog.ShowMsg writes
these messages to the log window. The StdLog (opened by the default
configuration of BlackBox) writes these messages to the status bar as a side
effect.

In a rutime version you usually do not have a log window, in this case
Dialog.ShowMsg opens a separate dialog and displays the message.

So, I would guess that the different behavours between your sessions is due
to wheather a log is loaded in the system or not.

Regards,
Bengt