RE: Cyclic Imports?

From: [at]} <weck{>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 15:48:24 +0200

Gerold

This looks like you have created a module Strings of your own (which seems to
import Stores or any other module importing Stores eventually).

The system has a module Strings already, which now became unusable due to your
own creation. Rename your Strings module and the problem should be gone.

We recommend that you do not choose any module names without subsystem prefix.
Names without such a prefix map to system modules (such as Strings and Stores,
for example). For your project, you should create a subsystem (e.g. Ntb or
Mystuff or Whatever) and then call the module NtbStrings or so. To avoid
conflicting names on the subsystem level, Oberon microsystems offers a
registration service.

All the best
        Wolfgang Weck

Dr. Wolfgang Weck
Oberon microsystems Inc.
Technoparkstrasse 1, CH-8005 Zürich
Tel: (+41 1) 445 17 51, Fax: (+41 1) 445 17 52
mailto:weck{([at]})nowhere.xy