Dissertation and more

From: [at]} <AMcIntosh{>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 12:07:39 -0500 (CDT)

| BTW., is the M.D. in the US an own dissertation
| or ist it given to the medicals after finishing their
| education without any additional effort ?

Typically, there are three divisions to post graduate school. They
are the Law School, the Medical School, and the general University.

It is my belief that both the law school (J.D.) and the medical
school (M.D.) have a tendency to give a lot of procedural classwork,
e.g., read this, do that, collect your degree. Following this, it
is neccessary in both of those fields to take some type of exam to
obtain a license.

I am not aware of anything even remotely similar to any research
activity for the J.D. or M.D. I do personally know some individuals
who have both an M.D. and a Ph.D., and their research aspect is
expressed pretty much through the Ph.D.

| PS: You were looking for your own sources of Alfred / DB4.
| Sorrily I did not download them when they were
| available at ccwf.cc.utextas.edu (as still linked by
| Guy Laden) but maybe he has downloaded it. If you
| still look for the sources, try to contact him. He seems
| to be one of the collecors like me ...

I have gone behind the scenes at the ccwf.cc.utexas.edu repository
and found enough of the DB4 version to reconstruct a working version.
Soon, I will put them on a new web site and send notice to you,
Guenter Dotzel, and Guy Laden.

--
Aubrey McIntosh, Ph.D.
1502 Devon Circle