Re: Question regarding CommStreams with protocol name 'CommTCP'.

From: [at]} <Stewart>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 16:20:16 +0800

"Wijck, Bart van" wrote:

> Stewart,
>
> Somewhat late, but it took a littlewhile to get around to checking your
> suggestion. In a word: Perfect! It worked like a charm.
> One possible minor point. It worked fine under BlackBox 1.33. However under
> 1.4 I had some compiling problems. I did not pursue this. Possibly I missed
> something or did something wrong, or perhaps an interface has changed. Maybe
> worthwhile checking yourself (if not I'll check into this later, but I'm
> very much strapped for time at present). If you find something please let me
> know.

I had a quick look at this. It looks like the interfaces in Files have
changed. Some of those functions now require parameter "ask" when creating
/ registering files. I adjusted the sources by adding option Files.ask
where required. I wonder what the default for 1.3 was. Did it ask, or not?

I've put the updated version on my Blackbox page.

Cheers,
  Stewart