RE: memory limit?

From: Weber, Dr Charles <"Weber,>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 14:32:42 -0400

There was no parameter list. The program was:

MODULE TestMatrix;
IMPORT StdLog;
PROCEDURE MultMat*;
  VAR a: ARRAY 507 OF ARRAY 507 OF REAL;
      b,c: ARRAY 507 OF REAL;
      i,j: INTEGER;
BEGIN
END MultMat;
END TestMatrix.

This runs, but increasing the matrix to 508 does not work.

Incidentally, the heap size shows as about 1.5 MB. Ideally, I would like to
be able to manipulate a 4000X4000 matrix in RAM. Currently (with JPI's
Modula-2 compiler, using segmented memory), I swap rows from the disk. But
I was hoping to be able to use a good part of the physical memory available
to me now that I have a 32-bit compiler.

Charlie Weber