RECORD vs POINTER TO RECORD

From: [at]} <Mary>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 14:26:49 +1000 (EST)

When I define

Model = RECORD (Models.Model)
etc

instead of

Model = POINTER TO RECORD (Models.Model)
etc

and then try to define the internalize/externalize etc
PROCEDURE (VAR m: Model) Internalize- (VAR rd: Stores.Reader)X;

I get the error message (at X) that the parameter doesn't match (there
may be other errors as well in defining the Model this way)

I have tried to define the model as a record because the model contains
linked lists (which I want to alter within methods) and cannot call a
pointer by reference in the receiver of methods.

Can anyone help me with this?

regards,
Mary Kynn

School of Mathematical Sciences