Re: BBUG

From: [at]} <Hans>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 00:34:29 +0200

Douglas G. Danforth wrote:

> I spoke with Wolfgang Weck about setting up a repository for
> software developed in Component Pascal and controled by the

> BlackBox Users Group (BBUG), i.e. us. My view is that Oberon
> Microsystems provide the links and we provide the software and
> a review process (optional).
>
> (...)
> I would be most interested in hearing from BlackBox developers.
> I frequently feel I am reinventing the wheel in the code I write
> and would think that the essence of component development is in
> the sharing of extensible software.
>
> What do you all think?

Great idea! I regularly turned to Guy Laden's nice overview of BB based
code on the internet, but unfortunately his site is no longer on line. His
overview could be a starting point for a component repository, if it could
be retrieved again.

> "Treutwein; Bernhard" wrote:
>
> > > Component Pascal and controled by the BlackBox Users Group (BBUG),
> > > i.e. us. My
> > I'm only a bit curious if >BBUG< is a good name, it sounds a little

> > bit buggy to me.
>
> Is CPUG (Component Pascal Users Group) any better? :-)

I think it should depend upon which scope the User Group would choose.
Now that there are more than one Component Pascal compilers (cf. Gardens
Point Component Pascal on .NET) the wider scope is an option and the latter
name is preferable. On the other hand, if we would confine ourselves to
BlackBox a name like BBoxUG is less "buggy".

Hans Klaver