BBUG / CPUG / BBoxUG

From: [at]} <A.H.Zinn{>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 19:12:53 +0200

Dear Douglas G. Danforth

> setting up a repository for software developed in Component Pascal and
controlled by the BlackBox Users Group (BBUG), i.e. us.

>> Is CPUG (Component Pascal Users Group) any better? :-)

>>> On the other hand, if we would confine ourselves to BlackBox a name like
BBoxUG is less "buggy".

It is a good idea. It would be nice if someone is (or better - you are)
managing such a Users Group. In my opinion the best name is BBoxUG.

I have the source of the following modules for such a website:

- Subsystem Dos
        This is a Update Program. I implement the replication in 2 steps:
        The first step compares the folders and list all difference in a document
        and the second step run through that document and updates the change only.

- Subsystem Info
        The basic extension for my Helpdesk Adviser
        If the document is in browser mode, the link open the next document in
browser mode.
        If the document is in edit mode, the link open the document in edit mode.
        Searching thru all documents
        Building a Cross-Reference list
        Link Check (link failed, link missing, link outside)

- Subsystem Desktop
        Persistent Desktop (downloaded from Guy Laden's Website)

- Subsystem Xhtml
        Read and write html files from BlackBox via menu [File][Open]
        Creating tag-views in odc documents
        Convert all odc documents to html
        Convert all html document to odc

- Module TboxHexConv
        Read a file as hex dump [File][Open] and write them back [File][Save]

- Module TboxTimer
        Measure the runtime of one procedure/module

and later more ...

When does it start this project?

Regards

Helmut Zinn