Re: Opening and Closing views

From: [at]} <gruntz{>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 10:14:40 +0200

> It works up to a point. Once the first view is opened, more calls to Open
> will not open another view. However, after CLOSING the initial view, every
> call to Open gives a new window. The first one has title "Terminal",
> successive ones have title "<Terminal>", so it presumably realises they are
> the same. Is there a better way of doing this? All I want is an effect
> similar to StdLog.Open.
All commands in Views which open a view (e.g. Views.Open, Views.OpenAux, etc)
internally use the procedure Sequencers.Open. The names of the parameters of this
procedure are shomehow self-explaining. This for your purpose, use the command
Sequencers.Open(v, "Terminal", NIL, "", NIL, FALSE, TRUE, FALSE, FALSE, TRUE);

> Another problem is that I get "Terminal has changed. Do you want to save
> changes?" when closing the window. This seems to be related to the use of
> UpdateMsg in the model. If I don't send UpdateMsgs, it doesn't ask the
> question. Is there a way of telling the framework that I don't want to save
> the view, even though I have updated its model?
The last parameter of Sequencers.Open is "neverDirty". This if you pass TRUE
for that parameter, the view never becomes dirty and can be closed without
any alert dialog.

- Dominik

Dr. Dominik Gruntz
Oberon microsystems, Inc., Technoparkstrasse 1, CH-8005 Zurich
gruntz{([at]})nowhere.xy
tel ++41-1-445-1751
fax ++41-1-445-1752

To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message containing the word "unsubscribe" to:
   blackbox-request{([at]})nowhere.xy

To get a list of valid e-mail commands and instructions on their usage, send a message containing the word "help" to the above address.

Send any problem reports or questions to:
   owner-blackbox{([at]})nowhere.xy