TRAP when printing a view

From: [at]} <Wojtek>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 13:44:22 -0800

Hi:

  this time I am hoping I am sending this message
to the BB mailing list :-)

I have a problem printing a view. It is a perfectly
healthy view on screen, but when I select File --> Print
from the menu, I am getting a TRAP. The trap says
all pointer fields in the view are NIL, among them
v.fnt (which should contain a font). The Restore
bombs on v.fnt NIL dereference.

These pointer fields of the view are obviously
OK when the view is plotted on screen,
because on screen I am getting all as I should,
and everything works. But when printing, all the pointers
"automagically" disappear. Actually, when I follow
the "v" link in the TRAP viewer, it looks as if
all view fields are not initialized.

Is there a method that I should implement before I can
print? I looked at Views and there is a CopyFrom there that
I have not implemented. Do I need to implement CopyFrom
before I can print? (If yes, then why?)

Thank you for assistance,

Wojtek