Oberon/F 1.2.1 on Windows 95 vs. NT

From: [at]} <Stan>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 98 14:35:57 PST

Re:

> I have been developing applications using Oberon/F v1.21 for a few years
> on a PC with Windows 95. Recently, someone told me that my applications
> would not run under Windows NT. I have no experience with
> Windows NT, and I am about to get a PC with it so I can verify/fix this
> problem. Before I do this, I would like to ask you all:
>
> * Should an Oberon/F application run on both Windows 95 and NT without
> recompilation?
>
> * Has anyone else had a similiar problem, and if so could you offer me
> some advice on how to get my applications working with Windows NT?
>
> Thank you very much in advance!

Get 1.3.1, now called BlackBox. I just distributed an application that
I developed on a Mac, tested on Windows 95, and got positive feedback
from a user who ran it on Windows NT, with which I have no experience.
This is one great cross-platform system (if we only had Unix...).

Stan
J. Stanley Warford
Professor of Computer Science
Pepperdine University