Mappers, Riders, Externalize / Internalize

From: [at]} <Reinhard>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 10:18:41 -0700

Hello,

I have implemented a model and their internalize / externalize methods. That
works fine. Because my model is a simulation model, I like to wright the
model parameters also in a text file/model. My question is: is ist possible
to reuse the externalize/internalie methods for this purpose? Or is a
secondary implementation necessary? As I unterstand the rider/mapper-concept
in a right way it should be possible to use the externalize/internalize
method for this purpose just in using a TextWriter instead the StoresWriter.
But I have problems in the implemation of that because there is no basetype
of the mappers/riders.

Sorry beacuse of my bad english, but I hope my question is clear enough. I
like to known if I have the general concept of rider/mapper/container
unterstood correctly and the implementation of Oberon/F does support my
purpose or not.

Thanks in advanced

Reinhard Dietrich

| Dietrich Reinhard (NEW!!: reinhard.dietrich{([at]})nowhere.xy
| dipl. Inf. Ing. ETH |
| Phone: +41-1-632-3868 Fax: +41-1-632-1108 |
| Institut fuer Pflanzenwissenschaften, Gruppe Phytomedizin, LFW B25 |
| Universitätsstrasse 2, ETH Zentrum, CH - 8092 Zuerich Switzerland |